References cited in all pages of MASW.com are listed. PDF versions of those underlined articles cleared of permission issue can be downloaded. In the meantime,
informing and sending us of other articles published elsewhere and not listed here will be greatly valued.
- Aki, K., 1965, A note on the use of microseisms in determining the shallow structures of the Earth’s crust: Geophysics, v. 30, p. 665-666.
- Aki, K., 1957, Space and time spectra of stationary stochastic waves, with special reference to micro-tremors: Bull. Earthq. Res. Inst., v. 35, p. 415-456.
- Al-Hunaidi, M.O., 1992, Difficulties with phase spectrum unwrapping in spectral analysis of surface waves nondestructive testing of pavements, Can. Geotech. J., v. 29,
- Al-Hunaidi, M.O., and Rainer, J.H., 1995, Analysis of multi-mode signals of the SASW method, Proc 7th Int. Conf. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Eng., p. 259-266.
- Aouad, M.F., 1993, Evaluation of Flexible Pavements and Subgrades Using the Spectral-Analysis-of-Surface-Waves (SASW) Method, PhD thesis, Univ. of Texas at
- Asten, M.W., 1978, Geological control on the three-component spectra of Rayleigh-wave microseisms: Bull., Seism. Soc. Am., v. 68, p. 1623-1636.
- Asten, M.W., and Henstridge, J.D., 1984, Array estimators and the use of microseisms for reconnais-sance of sedimentary basins: Geophysics, v. 49, p. 1828-1837.
- Beaty, K.S., Schmitt, D.R. and Sacchi, M., 2002, Simulated annealing inversion of multimode Rayleigh wave dispersion curves for geological structure, Geophys. J. Int.,
v. 151, p. 622-631.
- Bjurstrom, H., and Ryden, N., 2016, Detecting the thickness mode frequency in a concrete plate using backward wave propagation: J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 139 (2), 649-
- Capon, J., 1969, High-resolution frequency-wavenumber spectrum analysis: Proc. IEEE, v. 57, p. 1408-1418.
- Dal Moro, G., Pipan, M., Forte, E., Finetti, I., 2003, Determination of Rayleigh wave dispersion curves for near surface applications in unconsolidated sediments,
Expanded Abstract, Society of Exploration Geophysicists, p. 1247-1250.
- Dobrin, M.B., 1976, Introduction to Geophysical Prospecting: McGraw-Hill Book Co.
- Fonquinos Mera, R., 1995, Dynamic nondestructive testing of pavements, PhD thesis, Univ. of Texas at Austin, Texas.
- Forbriger, T., 2003a, Inversion of shallow-seismic wavefields part 1: wavefield transformation, Geo-physical Journal International, v. 153, p. 719-734.
- Forbriger, T., 2003b. Inversion of shallow-seismic wavefields Part II: Inferring subsurface properties from wavefield transforms. Geophys. J. Int., Vol. 153, 735-752
- Foti, S., 2000, Multistation methods for geotechnical characterization using surface waves: PhD thesis, Politecnico di Torino, Italy.
- Fuchs, K., and Muller, G., 1971, Computation of synthetic seismograms with the reflectivity method and comparison with observation: Geophys. J. Roy. Astr. Soc., 23,
- Gabriels, P., Snider, R., and Nolet, G., 1987, In situ measurements of shear-wave velocity in sediments with higher-mode Rayleigh waves: Geophys. Prospecting, 35,
- Ganji, V., Gucunski, N., and Nazarian, S., 1998, Automated inversion procedure for spectral analysis of surface waves, J. Geotech. Engrg., ASCE, v. 124, n. 8, p. 757-
- Gordon, M.A., 1997, Application of field seismic geophysics to the measurement of geotechnical stiff-ness parameters, PhD thesis, Univ. of Surrey, UK.
- Gucunski, N., Ganji, V., and Maher, M.H., 1996, Effects of obstacles on Rayleigh wave dispersion obtained from the SASW test: Soil Dynamics and Earthquake
Engineering, v. 15, n. 4, p. 223-231.
- Gucunski, N., and Woods, R.D., 1992, Numerical simulation of the SASW test, Soil Dyn and Earth-quake Engrg. J., v. 11, n. 4, p. 213-227.
- Haskell, N. A. 1953, The dispersion of surface waves on multilayered media, Bull. Seismological Soc. of Am., v. 43, n. 1, p. 17-34.
- Heisey, J.S., Stokoe II, K.H., and Meyer, A.H., 1982, Moduli of pavement systems from Spectral Analysis of Surface Waves, Transp. Res. Rec., v. 852, Washington D.C,
- Hiltunen, D.R., and Gucunski, N., 1994, Annotated bibliography on SASW, in Geophysical character-ization of sites, ISSMFE Technical Committee #10, edited by R.D.
Woods, Oxford Publishers, New Delhi.
- Hiltunen, D.R., and Woods, R.D., 1990, Variables affecting the testing of pavements by the surface wave method, Transp. Res. Rec., v. 1260, p. 42-52.
- Hossain, M.M., and Drnevich, V.P., 1989, Numerical and optimization techniques applied to surface waves for backcalculation of layer moduli, In ASTM special
technical publication 1026, Nondestruc-tive testing of pavements and backcalculation of moduli, Editors Bush III, A.J., and Baladi, G.Y., p. 649-669.
- Ivanov, J., Park, C.B., Miller, R.D. and, Xia, J., 2000b, Mapping Poisson’s ratio of unconsolidated materials from a joint analysis of surface-wave and refraction events,
Proceedings of the Symposium on the Application of Geophysics to Engineering and Environmental Problems (SAGEEP 2000), Washington D.C, February 20-24.
- Jones, R., 1962, Surface wave technique for measuring the elastic properties and thickness of roads: Theoretical development, British Journal of Applied Physics, v.
13, p. 21-29.
- Jones, R., 1955, A vibration method for measuring the thickness of concrete road slabs in situ, Magazine of Concrete Research, v. 7, n. 20, p. 97-102.
- Kanli, A.I., Kang, T.S., Pinar, A., Tildy, P., Pronay, Z., 2008, A systematic geophysical approach for site response of the Dinar region, Southwestern Turkey: Journal of
Earthquake Engineering, 12(S2), 165-174.
- Kanlı, A. I., Tildy, P., Pr´onay, Z., Pınar, A., and Hermann, L., 2006, Vs30 mapping and soil classification for seismic site effect evaluation in Dinar region, SW Turkey:
Geophys. J. Int., 165, 223-235.
- Kaufmann, R.D., J. Xia, R.C. Benson, L.B. Yuhr, D.W. Casto, and C.B. Park, 2005, Evaluation of MASW data acquired with a hydrophone streamer in a shallow marine
environment: Journal of Environmental & Engineering Geophysics, v. 10, n. 2, p. 87-98.
- Louie, J.N., 2001, Faster, better: shear-wave velocity to 100 meters depth from refraction microtremor arrays; Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, v. 91, n.
2, p. 347-364.
- Martincek, G., 1994, Dynamics of pavement structures, E & FN Spon and Ister Science Press, Slovak Republic.
- McMechan, G., and Yedlin, M.J., 1981, Analysis of dispersive waves by wave field transformation, Geophysics, v. 46, n. 6, p. 869-874.
- Miller, R.D., Xia, J., Park, C.B., and Ivanov, J.M., 1999, Multichannel analysis of surface waves to map bedrock, Kansas Geological Survey, The Leading Edge,
December, p. 1392-1396.
- Mokhtar, T.A., Herrmannt, R., and Russell, D.R., 1988, Seismic velocity and Q model for the shallow structure of the Arabian shield from short-period Rayleigh waves:
Geophysics, 53, 1379-1387.
- Nasseri-Moghaddam, A., 2006, Study of the effect of lateral inhomogeneities on the propagation of Rayleigh waves in an elastic medium: PhD thesis, Univ. of
Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
- Nazarian, S., Stokoe II, K.H., Briggs, R.C., and Rogers, R., 1987, Determination of pavement layer thicknesses and moduli by SASW method, Transp. Res. Rec. v.
1196, Washington DC, p. 133-150.
- Nazarian, S., Stokoe II, K.H., and Hudson, W.R., 1983, Use of spectral analysis of surface waves method for determination of moduli and thicknesses of pavement
systems, Transp. Res. Rec. v. 930, Washington DC, p. 38-45.
- Okada, H., 2003, The microtremor survey method; Geophysical monograph series, no. 12, published by Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG), Tulsa, OK.
- O’Neill, A., 2003, Full-waveform reflectivity for modeling, inversion and appraisal of seismic surface wave dispersion in shallow site investigations, Ph.D. thesis, The
University of Western Australia, Australia.
- O’Neill, A., and Matsuoka, T., 2005, Editorial on the surface wave method: Special Edition on Surface Wave Method, in Journal of Environmental & Engineering
Geophysics, v. 10, no. 3.
- Park, C., 2019, ParkSEIS-3D for 3D MASW survyes: FastTIMES (special issue in near-surface Geophysics software), Environmental and Engineering Geophysics
Society (EEGS), v. 24, p. 3-6.
- Park, C., 2016, MASW analysis of bedrock velocities (Vs and Vp): [Exp. Abs.] 86th Ann. Mtg. SEG, October 16-21, 2016, Dallas, Texas.
- Park, C. B., 2011, Imaging dispersion of MASW data - full vs. selective offset scheme: Journal of Environmental & Engineering Geophysics, v. 16, no. 1, p. 13-23.
- Park, C.B., 2010, Roadside passive MASW survey - dynamic detection of source location: Symposium on the Application of Geophysics to Engineering and
Environmental Problems (SAGEEP 2010), Keystone, Colorado, April 11-15, Proceedings on CD Rom.
- Park, C.B., 2008, Imaging dispersion of passive surface waves with active scheme: Symposium on the Application of Geophysics to Engineering and Environmental
Problems (SAGEEP 2008), Philadelphia, April 6-10, Proceedings on CD Rom.
- Park, C.B., and Carnevale, M., 2010, Optimum MASW survey - revisit after a decade of use: Geo-Institute Ann. Mtng (GeoFlorida 2010), February 20-24, 2010, West
Palm Beach, FL.
- Park, C.B., and Taylor, C., 2010, 3D MASW Characterization of Sinkhole: A Pilot Study at USF Geology Park, Tampa, FL: Proceedings of the Symposium on the
Application of Geophysics to Engineering and Environmental Problems (SAGEEP 2010), Keystone, Colorado, April 11-15.
- Park, C.B., and Carnevale, M., 2009, 3D MASW: Proceedings of the Symposium on the Application of Geophysics to Engineering and Environmental Problems
(SAGEEP 2009), Fort Worth, TX, March 29-April 2.
- Park, C. B., and Miller, R.D., 2008, Roadside passive multichannel analysis of surface waves (MASW): Journal of Environmental & Engineering Geophysics, v. 13, no.
1, p. 1-11.
- Park, C.B., Miller, R.D., Xia, J., and Ivanov, J., 2007, Multichannel analysis of surface waves (MASW)-active and passive methods: The Leading Edge, January.
- Park, C.B., Miller, R.D., and N. Ryden, 2006, Roadside seismic survey utilizing traffic noise: Proceed-ings of the NDE Conference on Civil Engineering, St. Louis, MO,
August 14-18, p. 317-324.
- Park, C.B., Miller, R.D., N. Ryden, J. Xia, and J. Ivanov, 2005, Combined use of active and passive sur-face waves: Journal of Environmental & Engineering Geophysics,
v. 10, no. 3, p. 323-334.
- Park, C.B., and Miller, R.D., 2005a, Seismic characterization of wind turbine sites near Lawton, Oklahoma, by the MASW method: Kansas Geological Survey Open-file
- Park, C.B., and Miller, R.D., 2005b, Seismic characterization of wind turbine sites in Kansas by the MASW method: Kansas Geological Survey Open-file Report 2005-23.
- Park, C.B., 2005, MASW - Horizontal resolution in 2-D shear-wave velocity (Vs) mapping: Kansas Geological Survey Open-file Report 2005-4.
- Park, C., R. Miller, D. Laflen, N. Cabrillo, J. Ivanov, B. Bennett, and R. Huggins, 2004, Imaging dis-persion curves of passive surface waves [Exp. Abs.]: Soc. Expl.
Geophys., p. 1357-1360.
- Park, C.B., Miller, R.D., and Miura, H., 2002, Optimum field parameters of an MASW survey [Exp. Abs.]: SEG-J, Tokyo, May 22-23, 2002.
- Park, C.B., Miller, R.D., and Xia, J., 2001, Offset and resolution of dispersion curve in multichannel analysis of surface waves (MASW): Proceedings of the SAGEEP
2001, Denver, Colorado, SSM4
- Park, C.B., Miller, R.D., and Xia, J., 1999, Multichannel analysis of surface waves: Geophysics, v. 64, n. 3, pp. 800-808.
- Park, C.B., Miller, R.D., and Xia, J., 1998a, Imaging dispersion curves of surface waves on multi-channel record: 68th Ann. Internat. Mtg. Soc. Expl. Geophys., Expanded
Abstracts, p. 1377-1380.
- Park, C.B., Miller, R.D., and Xia, J., 1998b, Ground roll as a tool to image near-surface anomaly: 68th Ann. Internat. Mtg. Soc. Expl.Geophys., Expanded Abstracts, p. 874-
- Park, C.B., Miller, R.D., Steeples, D. W., and Black, R. A., 1996, Swept impact seismic technique (SIST): Geophysics, v. 61, n. 6, pp. 1789-1803.
- Pickett, G., 1945, Dynamic testing of pavements, Journal of the American Concrete Institute, v. 16, n. 5, p. 473-489.
- Phillips, C., Cascante, G., and Hutchinson, J., 2004, Evaluation of lateral homogeneity with the distance analysis of surface waves: Canadian Geotechnical Journal, v.
41, n. 2, p. 212-226.
- Press, F., and Dobrin, M. B., 1956, Seismic wave studies over a high-speed surface layer, Geophysics, v. 21, n. 2, p. 285-298.
- Rix, G.J., Stokoe II, K. H., and Roesset, J.M., 1991, Experimental study of factors affecting the Spectral Analysis of Surface Waves method, Research report 1123-5,
Center for Transportation Research, The University of Texas at Austin.
- Robinson, E.A., and Treitel, S., 1980, Geophysical Signal Analysis: Prentice-Hall, Inc.
- Roesset, J.M., Chang, D.W., Stokoe II, K.H., and Auoad, M., 1990, Modulus and thickness of the pave-ment surface layer from SASW tests, Transp. Res. Rec., v. 1260,
- Ryden, N., Starkhammar, J., Yilmaz, O., Bjurström, H., Gudmarsson, A., and Tofeldt, O., 2019, Small scale seismic testing using microphones: Proceedings of Fifth
International Conference on Engineering Geophysics (ICEG-2019), Al Ain, UAE, October 21-24, 2019.
- Ryden, N., 2016, Enhanced impact echo frequency peak by time domain summation of signals with different source receiver spacing: Smart Structures and Systems,
vol. 17, no. 1, 59-72.
- Ryden, N., and C.B. Park, 2006, Inversion of surface waves using phase velocity spectra: Geophysics, v. 71, n. 4, p. 49-58.
- Ryden, N., Lowe, M. J. S., Cawley, P., and Park, C. B., 2006, Non-contact surface wave measurements using a microphone; Proceedings in Symposium on the
Application of Geophysics to Engineering and Environmental Problems (SAGEEP), April 2-6, Seattle, WA.
- Ryden, N., and Lowe M. J. S., 2004, Guided wave propagation in three-layer pavement Structures: Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, v. 116, p. 2902-2913.
- Ryden, N., C.B. Park, P. Ulriksen, and R.D. Miller, 2004, Multimodal approach to seismic pavement testing: Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental
Engineering, v. 130, p. 636-645.
- Ryden, N., C.B. Park, P. Ulriksen, and R.D. Miller, 2003, Lamb wave analysis for non-destructive test-ing of concrete plate structures: Symposium on the Application of
Geophysics to Engineering and Environmental Problems (SAGEEP 2003), San Antonio, Texas, April 6-10, INF03.
- Schultz, P.S., and Claerbout, J.F., 1978, Velocity estimation and downward continuation by wavefront synthesis: Geophysics, vol. 43, p. 691-714.
- Sezawa, K., 1938a, Anomalous dispersion of elastic surface waves, Proc. Imp. Acad, v. 14, p. 246-249.
- Sezawa, K., 1938b, Anomalous dispersion of elastic surface waves II, Bull. Earthq. Res. Inst., v. 16, p. 225-233.
- Sheriff, R. E., 2002, Encyclopedic dictionary of applied geophysics: SEG Geophysical Reference Series No. 13, 4th Ed., Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG),
Tulsa, Oklahoma, 429 pp.
- Sheriff, R.E., and Geldart, L.P., 1982, Exploration seismology, Data-processing and interpretation: Cambridge Univ. Press.
- Sheu, J.C., Stokoe,K. H., II, and Roesset, J. M., 1988, Effect of reflected waves in SASW testing of pavements: Transportation Res. Record, v. 1196, p. 51–61.
- Socco, L.V. and Boiero, D., 2008, Improved Monte Carlo inversion of surface wave data: Geophysical Prospecting, 56, 357-371.
- Stokoe II, K.H., Wright, S.G., Bay, J.A., and Roesset, J.M., 1994, Characterization of geotechnical sites by SASW method, in Geophysical characterization of sites.
ISSMFE Technical Committee #10, edited by R.D. Woods, Oxford Publishers, New Delhi.
- Strobbia, C., 2003, Surface wave methods: acquisition, processing and inversion, Ph.D. thesis, Politec-nico di Torino, Italy.
- Suto, K, 2007, Multichannel analysis of surface waves (MASW) for investigation of ground competence: an introduction, in “Engineering Advances in Earthworks”,
Proceedings of the Sydney Chapter 2007 Symposium, Australian Geomechanics Society , p. 71-81.
- Suzuki, H, and Hayashi, K., 2003, Shallow s-wave velocity sounding using the Microtremors array measurements and the surface wave method; Proceedings of the
SAGEEP 2003, San Antonio, Texas, SUR08, Proceedings on CD ROM.
- Telford, W.M., Geldart, L.P., Sheriff, R.E., and Keys, D.A., 1976, Applied Geophysics, Cambridge Univ. Press.
- Tokimatsu, K., 1997. Geotechnical site characterization using surface waves, Earthquake geotechnical engineering, Ishihara (ed.), Balkema, Rotterdam.
- Tokimatsu, K., Kuwayama, S., Tamura, S., and Miyadera, Y., 1991, Vs determination from steady state Rayleigh wave method, Soils and Found, v. 31, n. 2, p. 153-163.
- Tokimatsu, K., Tamura, S., and Kojima, H., 1992, Effects of multiple modes on Rayleigh wave dis-persion characteristics, J. Geotech. Engrg., ASCE, v. 118, n. 10, p.
- Van der Pol, C., 1951, Dynamic testing of road constructions, J. appl. Chem., v. 1, July, p. 281-290.
- Vidale, R.F., 1964, The dispersion of stress waves in layered media overlaying a half space of lesser acoustic rigidity, Ph.D. Thesis, Univ. of Wisconsin.
- Williams, T.P., and Gucunski, N., 1995, Neural networks for backcalculation of moduli from SASW test, J. Comp. In Civ. Engrg, ASCE, v. 9, n. 1, p. 1-8.
- Xia, J., Chen, C., Li, P.H., and Lewis, M.J., 2004, Delineation of a collapse feature in a noisy environ-ment using a multichannel surface wave technique: Geotechnique,
v. 54, n. 1, p. 17-27.
- Xia, J., R.D. Miller, and C.B. Park, 2000a, Advantages of calculating shear-wave velocity from surface waves with higher modes: [Exp. Abs.]: Soc. Expl. Geophys., p.
- Xia, J., Miller, R.D., Park, C.B., and Ivanov, J., 2000b, Construction of 2-D vertical shear-wave velocity field by the Multichannel Analysis of Surface Wave technique,
Proceedings of the Symposium on the Application of Geophysics to Engineering and Environmental Problems (SAGEEP 2000), Washington D.C, February 20-24, p.
- Xia, J., Miller, R.D., and Park, C.B., 1999, Estimation of near-surface shear-wave velocity by inversion of Rayleigh waves: Geophysics, v. 64, n. 3, p. 691-700.
- Yoon, S., and Rix, G., 2004, Combined active-passive surface wave measurements for near-surface site characterization; Proceedings of the SAGEEP 2004, Colorado
Springs, CO, SUR03, Proceedings on CD ROM.
- Yilmaz, O., 1987, Seismic data processing: SEG, Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Yuan, D., and Nazarian, S., 1993, Rapid determination of layer properties from surface wave method, Transp. Res. Rec., v. 1377, p. 159-166.
- Zywicki, D.J., 1999, Advanced signal processing methods applied to engineering analysis of seismic surface waves, Ph.D. thesis, Georgia Institute of Technology.